View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2013, 10:39 AM

Corporal

starcryst is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Game,HoC - House of Chains. Non NewB. Submit Pretenders

You sent that offer and I never responded. I have no clue how that equates to a deal in your mind, especially when I specifically said in my very last PM to you that I expected we'd run out of time on a deal and just continue fighting.

You don't think that just assuming we had a deal despite the fact we never agreed on one is just a bit presumptuous? I personally never assume I have a deal until I have it in writing. But at minimum you should have the other person at least SAY you have a deal - which I never did.

You can think that I was acting underhanded if you want, but the reality is that I was on business fund raising for my company in San Fran that entire week and Dom3 was not the most important thing on my mind right then. I scripted my turn to continue to attack you and then waited to see if you'd offer a deal that I could live with. You didn't, and so I didn't change my strat.

The path for retreat you suggested was always the path I intended to use to recombine my slaans with my main army. You apparently think I was being deceptive and acting like we had a deal in place, but I was just doing what I planned all along - damaging your economy as much as possible in the first stage of the war and then combining my forces to try and knock down your forts one at a time.

I'm very sorry that you believe I manipulated you into not responding for a couple of turns. That was never my intent - in fact, I would have welcomed an opportunity to try and destroy your army in the field as I actually don't want to try and siege your cap with your forces in there defending. Whether I would have succeeded or not is in question, but having you not respond for two turns actually works against my goal of bringing this war to an early resolution (one way or another).

And you seem to think that getting 60 gems and the income from half a dozen provinces for a few turns was fair compensation for my attack. I lost more than that in gems from my pretender dying and when you consider the losses for the whole campaign, at best I'd have broken even and had nothing to show for it long term.

Also I don't need forging (which I told you) I need gems and cash in very large quantities so that I can create more Slaans. My whole strat is based on slaans in support of holy summoned troops - forged gear is nice, but not central to my strat (slaans have no hand, feet, head or chest slots).

I really don't want to make an enemy here of another player. As you know from the poor way that I used my pretender, I am a very new player and I'm still learning both the game and the expected behavior in the Dom3 community.

But I also don't want to get a reputation, which I believe is undeserved in this case, for underhanded diplomacy. However you thought things went down, I never intended to deceive you. In the future, I'll be explicit and say "no deal" as you suggest. I (mistakenly) assumed that you'd behave as if we were still at war until we had an actual agreement in place. If you were truly acting as if we had an agreement, then I'm sorry it went down the way it did.