View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2010, 08:06 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

ano is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noobs and Vets II: Days of Infamy. MA, BI. Game Over. Supplicants Triumph!

Quote:
But at Ench 7-8? I'm not sure I'd have had the research to cast a dome and the boosters to do so early enough.
Astral dome is Ench 6, as well as Air one and they're perfectly enough. There's no dome at Ench 8.
Quote:
The game basically ended when like 10 fires from afar dropped on BL's capital on turn ~20.
What? You must be joking. There were 3 fires from afar on about turn 23. And defense is pretty simple - just recruit 40 markata by spending 200 gold and you'll be nearly safe (and nobody will be wasting gems on markata). You do not need domes for this at all. You didn't think of it and this is your mistake and has nothing to do with vanilla or CBM. I'm surprised to hear such things from you, really. I thought you knew the game better.
Quote:
As BL was the research arm of the team, this was absolutely devastating.
That's exactly what it aimed for.
Quote:
Choosing a nation with great remote spells, beelining them, and dropping 15-20+ on select capitals in year 2. Instant game over.
LOL. I'd like to see that. There're only two early battle spells - seeking arrow and Fires. Fires are very easy to defend from without ever needing domes (described above). Seeking arrow is rather expensive and you may also defend by moving your mages elsewhere and\or hiring decoy commanders. There're crippling unrest spells and so on but they all are costly and will not win you the game. Probably, Blight and Raging Hearts are the most unpleasant of them, but they're also not game-winning.
Quote:
Just another reason CBM > vanilla.
Not a single reason here. Just moaning
The Following User Says Thank You to ano For This Useful Post: