View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2008, 05:35 AM

Corporal

francoisD is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AI unable to build big army (>25000 pts)

don,

first thx for answering, because that proves that, at least, you read my messages.

quote:

according to a rarity code ratio table you designed". See..... I have no idea if you think we have designed and use a rarity table or that we should. The rarity part of the radio code is there mainly to ensure rare, low production vehicles are not bought too often and common ones are and has NOTHING to do with how much they cost.

this is exactly what I proposed: use a second rarity table to shift probabilities to expensive units if the points to spend are higher than 10000 or 15000. similar to the ai heavy tank button,

but i do not like numerous tanks on the battlefield, and i prefer to use the button off.

however i do like to play with big battles, and everything is already present in the game, except on one very minor point, because the ai never build big armies.

i know you have worked much more time than me on this game. in fact i am simply a player and YOU are the developper. I respect you.

However you should consider that I have also tested the game during many hours, on this particular point. Why have I done this? it is useless for a player that simply wants to win at all costs and that will buy 200 tigers 1 anyway... (with respects to the realism discussion mentionned in my first message)

i want to play a balanced game, but funny as well, since this is a game.
It seems to me that the game engine could perfectly hand battles with 25000 guaranteed pts per side within the limit of 500 units,

well, you know my position, but you are the guy who works and decides. I will respect your decision whatever it may be.

if you do not improve this game as i proposed, well, i have two solutions: 1) forget the germans,
2) play with a single compagny of panthers. but i fear that even in this game, with a 9000 pts core, the game could very well be unbalanced. indeed with the huge variance I have noticed, it could happen very well that the russians buy armies worth less than 22000 pts (sure with heavy off, possible with heavy on).

in fact i am already facing this problem now in afrika, 1941, with a 5500 core in delays battles. I am not sure if the ai has an army worth 12500 pts. in the last two battles, delays, i checked at the end of the battle the number of units the ai had to be sure it was less than 500, a proof that it exhausted all the points it had. and in fact in one battle i have reached 500 units (i count the number of pages, because there are 25 units per pages, if there are 20 full pages, the number of units is 500). what i did? i reloaed the save at the end of my last battle because this one was unbalanced.

so i am asking to you and andy a very very small improvement of the game.

since the ai might build armies strong enough, could you add to the deploy screen of the human player an information about the pts of the ai army and how much it should have?
so if human players see that the ai does not have a correct army, he restarts a new battle from the last save, instead of playing a full battle just to see at the end that the battle was unbalanced...