View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2015, 07:55 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

MarkSheppard is on a distinguished road
Default Re: US OOB 12 corrections/suggestions (v.6)

Request B-24 Liberators be added -- they were used in the ETO for carpet bombing support (COBRA) and in the PTO; they were the prime heavy bomber from 1942ish onwards.

I did some art for them; see attached zip.

Also included as a bonus is PB4Y-2 and B-32 attempts.

Bits and pieces are based off various SPCAMO icons -- if you look closely, you can see B-17/25 etc bobs there and here.

Row 1: This row represents B-24 to B-24G models with no nose turrets in very early war (Tan/Desert) colors for Mediterranean operations and a standard mid-war (olive drab) livery. A bonus blue one represents early model PB4Y-1s.

Row 2: This row represents the B-24G-1 to B-24M models with a nose turret in mid war (Olive Drab) and late war (unpainted) roles; along with a bonus one representing late model PB4Y-1s.

Row 3: This row represents the B-24N model which would have been built en-masse at Willow Run in 1945 if Germany had not surrendered.
Following V-E Day, due to the enormous surplus of B-24s in stockpiles due to much lower than predicted casualty rates in Europe; production of the entire 5,168 aircraft run of B-24Ns was cancelled. Comes in Olive Drab/Unpainted colors.

Bonus blue icon represents the PB4Y-2 Privateer.

Row 4: This is my attempt at depicting the B-32 Dominator, Consolidated's attempt at a VHB, one is with a slightly fat fuselage and one is with a thinner fuselage. Heavy use of SPCAMO B-29 parts, particularly the engines.

One group had already begun receiving B-32s and had carried out combat missions with it; the ultimate goal was to have two groups equipped -- with the slight possibility of maaaaybe one more at a future date (inference based upon production #s I've seen).
Attached Files
File Type: zip Consolidated_Bomber_Pack_v1.zip (13.2 KB, 155 views)