Thread: Glancing hits
View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2022, 04:05 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Glancing hits

I can see this as a distinct possibility with the MILAN.

Less so with MILAN 2 "The missile together with the warhead was enlarged to 115 mm for greater armor penetration. It penetrates 550 mm or rolled homogenous armor."

MILAN 2T, "The 2T marked the introduction of a tandem HEAT warhead in the MILAN system." Late 80's on. If a tandem warhead "bounces" you better just quit the field and buy a lottery ticket.
Also; This missile penetrates 880 mm of rolled homogenous armor behind ERA.

I'll assume the following are in the game at least for France...
[b]MILAN 3 125mm missile in 1996.

MILAN ADT introduced a lighter firing "post" for the MILAN 3 with integrated thermal sights for day/night operation in 2006.

MILAN ER with a range out to 3km, new ADT and "This missile penetrates 1 000 mm of rolled homogenous armor behind ERA" Also the ADT is backward compatible with all older MILAN missiles. The implication here is though still range restricted by type, the accuracy would be greatly enhanced by the optics and targeting systems onboard this ADT.

That tells me if they ever get it fielded, this ATGW would fairly easily take out a T-14 ARMATA.
https://www.military-today.com/missiles/milan.htm

The above is very much in line with other refs.

In all the years I've played this game, I never saw this happen.

Karagin if this happened recently, GO BUY THAT LOTTERY TICKET!!

Aeraaa it sounds like your video "bounce" happened awhile back, I don't know, the magic might not still be there.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: