View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2020, 07:39 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: German Campaign using War Cab

The next 2 turns did not go so well kill ratio is falling we got 10 units but lost 5 in the process.
The barrage has still not resumed at intense levels & the AI managed not to hit itself.

My artillery crew has made it back can he reform & entrench in time, another crew has vacated its position however.

Screen shot shows I decided to pull out the StuG & MkIV under cover of smoke. Tanks near by were unsuppressed & when an AA unit & halftrack tried to put suppression on them at 20 odd hex range they died instantly.
If all goes well & my smoke lands okay they & the StuG that moved up should be able to lay flanking fire on the 4 hex rows before the bridge. Bet something interferes but its worth a shot.
Purple lines shows 250/11 moved to get a rear shot on that Sherman but failed to cause damage, it then moved back in cover. During its turn the Sherman took the bait & moved into its sights & a MKIVs, its undamaged but retreating.
I think we have killed most of the armour from the top attack, fairly sure there are some infantry still around fending off probes.

The main approach is nearly overrun 4 unhealthy squads with 10 armour units bearing down on them & I saw more Churchills in the formation area. The Bunker did get a SPGun before a Churchill put a round through the observation slit.

I was right to think the position in the second screen shot in previous post was getting dangerous. The StuG got immobilised by the barrage, it now shares the same hex as the lead halftrack which has lost its MG & the squad above died. The other StuG there managed to fend off a Sherman at point blank range despite being suppressed.
Getting tense & if a tank swings in from the middle its out of the StuG's fire arc & a sitting duck.

Action in the bottom part of the map was surprisingly quite maybe there are not more tanks there.
We missed the Sherman that was in our LOS & it fired the dischargers. The AT team got it in the AIs turn but is now out of ammo & in a precarious position. The Churchills advanced have LOS on one still but all hits bounced & it seems to have shrugged of any suppression.