View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2020, 09:04 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Tannenberg Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts4EVER View Post
BTW, I dunno how accurate you want to make this, so feel free to ignore this, but in case you are interested...
I have the strength reports for the 11th Nordland Division from June 1944. They had 10 Stugs, 1 Panzer IV and 5 Panthers that were "ready for action". They also report 94 apcs and scout vehicles. All in all the infantry seems to have been organized as Panzergrenadiers, so that would probably be more correct than the SS Infanterie Units.
In terms of (non-MG) small arms:

Looks like there were no StG44s in the inventory at that time.
If you go back and read the introduction you will see I did say historically recreating this as one event is impossible and what's there is an attempt to recreate the feel. and tossing in panthers and 94 APC's would mean having to give the Russians more to maintain the balance and they are only 90 units from the max and then you have a monster NOBODY wants to play. As for StG44s, you show the inventory of ONE of the units represented and one units inventory is one units inventory not every unit. Not every "German" unit in the game has one and there are plenty of units with 98ks but I did add a few here and there to again....balance the game. In reality, the Russians had at least 8:1 odds in manpower.

This battle was a meatgrinder not a battle of manoeuvre, thrust and parry and they may have had HT and some may have been used in this battle but I didn't find any info to indicate they did

However, if you feel you can do better feel free to use the map

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....