View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2006, 09:38 PM

Major General

Taqwus is on a distinguished road
Default Interesting nation.

I was fiddling with this nation in a game that got interesting before it ran into a crash bug.

Some comments --

It's easy to spam the Hall of Fame with recruitable immortals, since dying over and over makes you famous. Helps balance their cost.

No randoms, death or nature make for pretty limited magic. First summons with paths that you don't start with might be at the Heliophagus level. No Death is a little weird because the traditional vampire summons are blood/death. No death, air, or fire means no access to the common research boosters. It might be best for the pretender to have some death or nature magic; not sure that fire/blood helps that much. Death in particular is easier to bootstrap; a D2 mage can summon a D1 mage and build a 10-gem D booster for another D2 mage, and a D1 mage can find more sites remotely.

Reeves are ugly in drain scale. Poor research, and reanimation ceases to matter when there are no corpses left -- both ghouls and soulless require bodies. And if the bloodletters are better hunters for the cost, that may leave either not taking drain, or using the reeves HOF spammers to take advantage of their immortality. So... hmm, avoid drain scale, or I need to find a better use for them.

I have a suspicion that immortal assassins and spies would be annoying to enemies in MP. At least the assassins aren't astral... immortal, horror-marking assassins would be truly annoying.

The temptation with this nation is go take advantage of immortality and go commander-heavy... especially after HOF spamming.