View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2024, 02:38 AM

Private

Christocipher is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Horsies and motorcycles

Oh thanks for all that information I stand corrected. The motorcycles is a very clever solution all credit to whoever thought that up. I guess if a designer wanted to then, for motorcycles they could make the motorcycles the same as the bicycles that is immobile but they could then have a stationary abandoned three motorcycles and a 9 man squad instead of 6. Im not suggesting to change what is there but to add an alternative formation to choose from maybe.

So I am still learning learning learning, I see now it is the same for the cavalry the dismounted cavalry is 6 men leaving 4 men to ride the horses about and shoot guns etc. so I am sorry to have made my smart mouth comments about moving and firing excetera.

Anyway I understand now so very good and doesnt need changing but maybe there could be an additional version of the MC and Cavalry to choose from where the MCs and Horses do become immobile like the bicycles and then there is a 9 man MC squad or a 10 man cavalry squad to fight with instead of 6? I think this is what dragoons always were? mounted infantry where the horses were really transport not something to be fought from on top off like in the cavalry.

Also would it be possible to add a 6 horse limber to carry the cavalry field guns? I think these were pretty common and they had the 6 horses so the guns could keep up with the cavalry so speed would be 12 hexes instead of the wagon or pack horses 6.