View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2008, 08:10 PM

Brigadier General

Patrick Proctor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A few teething problems with AATF: Assistance much appreciated

Quote:
Is there any graphic indication of suppression versus the red line that I assume indicates direct fire? Please bear with me, my manual has not arrived yet but I was eager to get going.
To see the status of an individual vehicle/aircraft, either turn on "show vehicles" and click on the vehicle/aircraft you want to know about or click on the platoon that contains the vehicle/aircraft and then click on the icon representing the vehicle/aircraft in the list of subordinate units that appears at the top right of the screen. The unit, with its status, will be listed at the top right of the screen. If the unit is suppressed, an "S" with a bar indicating the level of suppression will be shown. When vehicles are shown on the map, an S will appear over any vehicle/aircraft/team that is suppressed.

Quote:
PS: Why is it that the demo displays individual infantry units where the game appears to present a single infantry icon in the tutorial mission? I do not intend to micromanage infantry but I wonder if there is an option to view individual units such as MGs, mortars, etc.
The smallest level at which dismounts are shown is "teams" (around 2-5 men). To see them depicted graphically as teams (rather than as NATO-standard icons) select "show vehicles" and then, from the view options (button available when no units are selected), select "pictures" rather than "NATO icons" under "icons." This screenshot shows the menu I am talking about:

http://www.shrapnelgames.com/ProSIM/...s/screen_5.jpg

I am glad you are enjoying the game. Please let me know if you have any more questions.