View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2006, 07:35 PM

Captain

Kana is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Modding SEV Thread Questions

Quote:
Baron Munchausen said:
Here, this will make your head hurt a little more. It is possible to get tech levels from other fields than what the weapon (or other component) itself requires. For example, I like to link seeker structure to Armor tech, and defense modifier to Defense (ECM) tech.

Weapon Seeker Tonnage Structure Formula := 30 + (Get_Empire_Tech_Level("Armor") * 2)
Weapon Seeker Defense Modifier Formula := 30 + (Get_Empire_Tech_Level("Defense Systems") * 2)

A little more tweaking (such as linking damage to warhead tech or linking seeker speed to engine tech, which is tricky with each engine type being a seperate tech now) and you could have missile launchers as a stand-alone tech and missile performance being completely independent of them. In this case, I am tempted to put missile launchers into an industrial tech field because they are a sort of 'automation' technology. Missile launchers could get smaller and/or faster as tech increases, but the actual missiles would be better as soon as your propulsion or armor or ECM tech improved. Mod the ordnance storage out of the launcher and you've got a missile system ready for an "Honor Harrington" mod.
Absolutely brilliant...mind if I rip it off?

I'm planning on an HH mod, and and SFB mod, and this will help tons...

Also I hope some industrious persons start adding this to the modding section of the wiki...