View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2006, 10:01 PM

First Lieutenant

Possum is on a distinguished road
Default Hot (Taft)! A few thoughts on Shady O\'Grady\'s

OK, from the top

1. Major, major kudos to Shrapnel and Gilligames for coming up with this idea. This is what I call seriously original, wildly out-of-the-box thinking.

2. I'm definitely going to buy it. edit: I just ordered it

3. The press release was (clinton)ing-A hysterical I laughed well-nigh to the point of incontinence. Howlingly funny parody of the idiocy of the "music scene".

4. Ok, I left this for last.

Forgive me, but. I don't see how you can possibly really do this right. Now, don't lose sight of #2 above, please, but...

If it doesn't include the drugs and groupies, how can it be "real"? And if it does include the drugs and groupies, well, it just can't. There's no way. Everyone from Jack Thompson to the PTA to your accountant would raise a (Taft) storm of (Clinton)ing huge proportions.

It's a sad fact that there are some games one simply cannot make. Years ago when playing the first Rainbow Six game, I found myself thinking, "Oh, (Clinton) this (Taft), I want to plan and execute missions as the terrorists!".

But of course, there is no way anybody would be allowed to make a game or even a mod on such a subject. The public hate and hysteria (not to mention government attention) focused on anybody who was foolish enough to try would make their life a living (hot place where bad people go when they die).

5. Will Shady O'Grady's be moddable?