View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2022, 01:02 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Just rebooted this game and wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
"WOW!" is a common commit among players that have returned to the game. I myself haven't played in quite awhile, looking forward to playing again. I took a leave of absence for almost a year because my computer broke down. Not only that but I got sick of the cheating A/I. I thought the A/I was pretty good until it started cheating. Probably wasn't the poor old A/I's fault, it was probably poor sportsmanship on my part.
I will explain this again for what feels like the 10,00th time

The game IS NOT CODED TO CHEAT

Is that clear enough?

The game takes all the variables of experience, morale, suppression, whether one side or the other or both have moved and a host of other factors and what happens in the game is determined by the games randon number generator.

It's not entirely random. A highly experienced unsuppressed unit that has not moved has GENERALLY a better chance of hitting their target than a low experience unit that has just moved ( for example )

BUT

S**t happens in the game just like RL and sometimes "impossible" things can happen as I recall from a Squad Leader game played ( it seems like ) EONS ago. My opponent moved his leader onto a road to retrieve a MG and I took a long shot that required either a roll of snake eyes or boxcars ( I forget which )....... but that's what I rolled

He was NOT happy

S**t happens

The randon number generator is what has kept people playing SP for a quarter century.

If you save a game then play out the turn then load the save game and play out the turn again you will not get 100% the same results and SOMETIMES your get lucky with the random number generator against the AI ( and nobody complains about that )...... and sometimes the same thing happens for the AI

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: