View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2007, 06:07 PM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ideas how to improve WinSP MBT/WW2 !

Quote:
RecruitMonty said:
I still think it would be better if some damage was visible. The pictures of Grozny and Kabul don't really present a picture of limited destruction. I'd say those cities were pretty screwed, wouldn't you? Gutted is the word I'd use to describe those buildings, not lightly damaged. I never said they needed to collapse just that they needed to register hits and disply their effects.
But after much prolonged shelling than your hour-and-half game Heck, the siege of Sarajevo took years. The battle for Grozny took also long time and with use of heaviest weapons available. And skirmishes and regular battles in Kabul took roughly seven years with various intensity - from Commie withdhrawal to Taliban rise to power...

As for modern buildings, it's true walls are usually weaker - but in such cases they aren't structural elements and the structurals are sturdy and harder to hit due to smaller dimensions...and for light-construction buildings you might use Wooden building class, leaving Stone buildings to represent stone/dense brick/concrete buildings. As for these, look at say Pentagon vs. 757 (or Empire State vs. B-25)...