View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2013, 01:27 AM

BANNED USER

Mustang is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Turkey's Lightening Shield Operation

Very nice map. Well balanced. My only suggestion is that you add some priority fire hexes on the eastern hills.

I took out the mortars early with my helicopters but lost two to the tank ATGMs. I lost two more to Kornets as I tried to use them as gunships as the enemy approached the town; after that I realized they cost 500 points each and withdrew them out of sight.

The Milans have a feast available to them and it was hard to keep them stocked with enough ammo. Overall I held all the objectives but my high value unit losses made up for it. Casualties were 27 to 296, five helos lost. I used the college as an ammo dump, although I'm not sure if I was supposed to do that. I couldn't have kept my snipers and ATGMs restocked without it.

Overall I got a 4819 to 2884. Draw. If I had been more cautious with my helos I think I could have done a lot better.

Again, fun scenario, although it would perhaps be on the easy side the second time around if I didn't throw my helos away. Interesting and a tough fight.