View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2013, 06:02 AM

Sergeant

revenant2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Evil Clowns - Multi Era/Random [In Progress]

Quote:
Originally Posted by revenant2 View Post
Something weird happened that turn. I knew Evil Homer was going to use a horror to try to block me in Oune (158) so that one of my armies couldn't reinforcing my fortress in Endron (153), so I Cloud Trapezed a thug to reinforce the province. However, his action didn't go off and Abysia's did. I checked my last turn, and he still has the proper orders set, so I know it didn't get reset.
Mystery resolved: I'm an idiot

My guy did make it to the battle, I was just dense to notice it at first. The horror feared everyone away -- including my thug. This was partially due to luck (in general I won during the replays), but also because fear +10 is pretty nasty (+10 squares and checks are at 12).

Horrors in general are pretty effective. The only counter I can find is to to just retake the territory with my armies of Marignon raiders, which works actually works quite well, but if I didn't have that defensive force I think I would be in trouble -- especially since Abysia has a lot of money to sink into a good PD backed by Fata Morgana.

If I could go back in time I would only used 1 PD so less of my dudes would have died, which would have given time for my thug to take care of the menace.