View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2022, 07:52 PM

Corporal

lansoar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AFV shrapnel (same hex, adjacent hex)

Thx for the list.

This makes a lot of sense for a post I'm whipping up regarding the 1940 Germany vs France scenerios.

Seems a lot of the negatives of Buttoned status apply to offensive action. For units defending in Static. Yes, some, but given the results of the scenarios I've played, it doesn't much impact as one might think.

Not a bad thing though. I remember, the classic SP...the original that is......Steel Panthers 1...the classic tactic to rout defender or attacking AFV's for that matter. Hit them enough time with MG fire.....get them into Retreating or Rout status......they lose all ability to attack and run away. Ah memories...the classic 1941 scenario vs Russia where the charge is led by German Halftracks hitting low morale/2 man turret T-34s with many MG hits putting them into buttoned/retreating/routed status and having them run away....as the Halftracks chased them.....the tanks following up to do the cleanup

I prefer the WinSPWW2 battlefield much better.

The resilience of the French tanks though.....esp in defense, but also in offense has raised new questions. I'll post a new thread on it. Thx again.