View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2009, 06:20 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT - Need Some PC Advice

I don't know what to do here guys. I have no way of knowing what the actual problem is. Perhaps when the old board died if fried everything on it. I doubt that though.

I have all these components and no clue what my Intel C2D E6850 3.0ghz CPU (775) can be used on effectively. I have two EVGA 8800GT cards with no system now. And that new memory I just bought is useless in anything modern so it was a huge waste of money.

I am so livid pissed at ASUS right now I don't know what to do. I mean just climb a clock tower and thin the ASUS techs herd kinda pissed. (Not that I would ever do such a thing, its a figure of speech.)

I wanted to see what would happen if I installed the second video card but didn't add power. I got a long continuous beep. So I know the beep audio works.

If I could afford it, I'd take it to the geek squad or the local PC store but who has a spare $200.00 bucks to spend just to be told that the board is bad. (Money I could use to buy a new board.)

Speaking of that, any suggestion for a new board that I might be able to use with my socket 775 E6850 CPU and memory?