View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2013, 11:10 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I did NOT stale my turn in Dominions 3!

when the reminder email comes in, my usual server sees the subject and forwards it to the email address I have assigned to my phone. When that arrives Gmail sees the "tag" I set up in gmail and plays a special ring.

If I am out or running or something, and I know Im going to miss it, I just say into the bluetooth mic "take my turn".

Tasker converts the input "take my turn" in sending a text message back to the email address assigned my server.

My server sees the message, loads AutoHotKey, which loads Dominions 3 autoconnecting to my game

saves my turn <*>

sends in my turn

<*> maybe I will add some to have it do some mandatory things like collect slaves and recruit a mage but mostly its just getting the turn in before the deadline. If I am not the last one doing my turn and I get home in time then I can always redo the turn and upload a new one.

I love new toys (and new meds)
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)