View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2021, 06:34 PM

Captain

Pibwl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Helo News game related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
During the time the Sycamore would be in service there are far more useful helos available with a greater carry capacity which is why it's not included.
Maybe, but it was Sycamore, that was actually used The Whirlwind came about that time, but the article says, that Sycamore proved the superiority at higher altitudes in Cyprus mountains. Of course, treat it just as a hint, you are the boss. In any case, they sometimes flew with Bren guns.

BTW: I've just checked in said "War machine" no 96 and it seems, that Belvedere appears much too early (1950) - its predecessor first flew in 1952, and series Belvederes were delivered to the RAF from 8/1961 only, and remained until 3/69 (now 65).

Quote:
I think to characterize the EOKA as terrorists is a stretch. ... The EOKA were nationalist fighting to kick the Brits out of their country.
Of course, it was not my intention and I don't know who was right. Killing people is generally bad. Although calling armed bands as "terrorists" or "freedom fighters" depends largely on a point of view...