Thread: Question Number of active players
View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2019, 03:21 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Number of active players

Oh?
How we're doing life/gaming biography's?

I grew up on a 160 acre farm 15 miles from nowhere (Oldham, pop. 133 in 2010) South Dakota and while other girls were clamoring for the latest Barbie I wanted a GI Joe. The first wargame I recall seeing was "Tactics II" somewhere around 1965. As the eldest child on a working (vice hobby) farm I got all the "fun" chores and learned to drive in a Model-T farm truck (hey, it still ran, so we used it) when I was about 8-10. It was pretty much inevitable I'd get married to a farmer, raise 15 kids, and ... blah ... so I joined the US Marines with the intent of getting off the damn farm. And never looked back.

My first "PC Game" was "War in Russia" around 1983. I don't recall when I discovered the "Steel Panthers" series (probably the year it was published), but I've yet to find a battalion/regimental scale tactical wargame I like better.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post: