Old November 6th, 2006, 02:17 AM

Sergeant

thorfrog is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SE5, Tell Aaron what\'s on your Wish List

Quote:
AgentZero said:
Quote:
thorfrog said:
That's my point, this thread should really be called wishfull thinking or posts of dreams. This seems to be the same way things went down for MOO3. The developers for that product stated they where listing to the fans and when it came to for the game to release it was anything but what was expected. What SEV could have been. Well at least SEIV is easy to mod.
I for one am getting mighty fed up with the MOO3 comparisons. Yes they're both 4X games. Yes they were both released buggy. And? That's it. Jumping around and claiming the same thing that happened to MOO3 is going to happen to SE5 (because they're the same genre?) is a slap in the face to Aaron and all the hard work he's put into his games. Consider the fact that the original release of SE4 was v1.02, and the most recent version is 1.94. Do I need to do the math for you? That's a hell of a lot more patching than most games, let alone MOO3, ever get. And a lot of those patches didn't have anything to do with fixing bugs, they had to do with adding features that the community had asked for!
Next time, take a bit more time to think before spouting off like this.
AZ, spout on this. I been a fan of this series for a very long time and even did my bit of modding too. So if I want to post my gripes as to how I feel the ball was dropped I will. I can tell you that my comments are thought out and researched. My point is I don't want SEV to fail the way MOO3 did. But I'm getting the same vibe I had when the MOO3 developers promissed every thing and then didn't deliver. I'm glad to see the support for patches but I think the original game really needs help. This game really needed 6 more months.

I have to hand it to the GalCiv2 team that they just seem to keep on adding on to their title. I hope that Strategy First gets a clue an finally offers some assistence to MM to improve on this title. I for one will only buy this game when it's worth it. I give props to Aaron for being able to create these game on his own. I couldn't do it. SEV really needed a larger development team for this to be a winner. 6.6 is a terrible score but for someone who built this solo it's not so bad. But what's the point of complaining about that now.

I want SEV to be the game SEIV is today but more. That will get me to purchase it. But I still hate the ground combat.