View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2008, 05:09 PM

Captain

CUnknown is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Urgent Thug advice needed

For thugs, generally I guess the idea is you don't want to have too much invested in them, because by definition (i.e. not being SCs), they are pretty killable.

So, like a Bane Lord or Firbolg Sleeper.. it's a cheap commander (10-12 gems). They both start off with magic weapons, so I suppose you could use them as is. But, generally you'll want some sort of weapon in there (maybe a fire brand, 6 gem cost total with hammer). You also don't want them to die too fast, so maybe throw on a protection item or two. Like an amulet of magic resistance, luck pendant, ring of lightning resist, or burning pearl (all 3 gem items with hammer).

The protection item you choose of course depends on what sorts of threats you will be facing (magic resistance if you are facing priests or astral mages, lightning resist against Caelum, etc.).

So, that is a 12 gem bane lord, 6 gem sword, and 3 gem protection item for a grand total of 21 gems.

If you want to get fancy, add another protection item and boots of quickness or flying (7 gems) for a grand total of 31 gems.

Oh, if you have researched a lot of construction, you might want to consider golems as well.