View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2010, 09:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

Peter Ebbesen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wish-List for Dominions 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsaber View Post
The thing is that these "new wishes" do not come as a gift from Santa or something. A coder will have to dive in to the ancient code that "wish" uses (it has been around since Dom:PPP, mind you) and add that new option. And coding time from Illwinter on Dom3 is a rare occurance nowdays, a very rare resource if you allow the simplification.

I just think that if JK really finds the time or intrest to do some coding on dom3*, it would *really* be wasted on adding some excessive wish option that almost no one would use. There are much much more crucial things that could be fixed. Just check the bug list for some of them.
In case you somehow failed to notice it, Burnsaber, this is the wish-list for Dominions 4 (hint: it says so in the title) - a hypothetical game that quite possibly will never exist - not a wish list for changes to Dominions 3 to be added in minor content patches that would be better spent on fixing existing bugs.

Quote:
Sure, if some "coding fairy" comes along and just happens to fart all the code needed to make a bug free "immortality" wish, yeah, we could add that. But I wouldn't waste precious dom3 "code time" on the matter.
Since neither of us are in control of the development budget or developer time, there is no way that any of us can waste precious dom3 coding time either way. On your general point that any developer time spent on Dom3 would be better spent on other things I do agree, but that is utterly irrelevant to this thread.

Quote:
It's sort of moot to discuss this though, we both know that there will likely be no big update pathces ahead, just tweaks and fixes.
I refer you again to the bloody title of this thread. This is a thread for wishes for a future game in the series, not a thread for players second-guessing developers on what would be a good use of developer time in Dom3 patches.