View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2009, 11:11 PM

Sergeant

Fate is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An Introductory Guide to the Lizardmen Mod

I'm surprised the auto-communion master Slann didn't feature more. It just seems so powerful, I cannot help but think of so many ways to leverage that.

I like having a Slann cast (Fire Resist)(Firestorm). Very few armies (especially the AI) are ready for that as early as you can get it (how long does it take to research Evo7Alt1? Will your opponent always script (Fire Resist) on their mages?).

It also seems that you could put your high-health Slann at the back and let communion-buffed priests act as a meat shield (admittedly, they are a bit fragile, but they can serve when a real meat shield is hard to get and if you buff them with luck, invulnerability, resist elements, w/e else you want... You can even lay down some fire shield/astral shield!)

Coupled with your very nice recruitable thug (who doesn't even need Ye Olde Lucke Pendant), I don't think you need a strong bless to expand. Try research Const-2, handing them an eye shield and let'm go. High defense + high health + auto-luck + low MR indies = happy thug.

I would rather E8 or even just E6 for the reinvig and good scales to support your expensive castles and *very* expensive mages.

--NOTE-- The MP applications are just speculation as I mostly play SP

Last edited by Fate; March 12th, 2009 at 11:24 PM..