View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2014, 06:56 AM

General

David E. Gervais is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What makes this game worth $40 more than any other roguelike?

I'm a roguelike fan, no question about it, and there are hundreds if not thousands of roguelike games that use free graphics that I made available to the public. Many of these games are even 'sold commercially' weather it be for $0.99 on the app store or higher for retail. The value of a game is in it's gameplay and how we get entertainment value from it. There is no 'Set Rule' that governs how much a game should be sold for. We the consumer are the one that decides weather a game is worth the money spent or not. If someone asked me 10 years ago if I was willing to pay $2000 for a great game would I? my answer would have been "No Way! No game is worth that much!!" guess what?, I've spent over $2000 for the pleasure of playing one game, and several hundred dollars for others. they are called MMORPG's.. care to guess the names?

The value of a game for me, is not so much how much out of pocket I am for the game,.. but how much enjoyment I can get out of the game, and My experience from roguelikes to mmorpg's, has always been that I get as much enjoyment out of a game as I am willing it put into the game.

When I see a programmer like Bob, who has lots of great ideas and a passion to make those ideas come to life. It inspires me, and I thank him for allowing me to exercise some of my own creativity as an artist. $40 is not allot when you look at the value you get from it. Not only are you getting a fun game with lots of depth, you are investing in the future of a man well deserving of a place in the game development industry.

But all this ranting aside, to answer the topic of this post.. " What makes this game worth $40 more than any other roguelike?" We do, the people that buy it and spend hours of enjoyment playing the game. Nobody is forced to buy the game, at whatever price. The choice to buy or not is entirely up to you.

Nuf Said, Cheers!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to David E. Gervais For This Useful Post: