View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2017, 11:03 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Modder's Toolkit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oragus View Post
Why are you treating this like an argument Don? I have not disputed anything you have written or directed any ill your or the teams way.

Your text editor sounds exactly like what I am trying to get out of Excel. Currently I just use Windows notepad to read .txt files. Its painful! Hence my motivation for "function". Is your editor a licensed product or can it be shared?
EditPlus is a licenced product I bought in 1999 to do this kind of work., There are free trial DL of the latest version that are apparently more fully functioned than my v1.25 copy but the version I use on a daily basis does everything I need so I've never bothered with the newer versions.

My POINT is and remains......with EditPlus finding my way around the existing list is, in fact easier than it would be using Excel. ( I know this because I use both daily ) Suggesting that you are "taking one for the team and community" by building an Excel version is from my POV at the very least an arrogant assumption that I "need" this to make finding things easier because the existing list is poorly done and difficult to navigate...nothing could be further from the truth. If you create a list don't fool yourself that I will use it......it'll be for you and a tiny handful of others

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....