View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2006, 08:01 AM

Private

Yorick is on a distinguished road
Default Re: obat28 Netherlands

I have found one major and two minor 'bugs' in the Dutch OOB:

-There are Airmobile units (units 219 & 223 and formation 152) in the Dutch OOB going back untill 1968, this isn't possible though, since it was in 1993 that the Royal Netherlands Army raised her first Air Manouvre Bridge (Source: www.airmanouvrebrigade.nl).

-The next thing is the DAF YP408 series, which have been in use by the Royal Netherlands Army from 1964 untill 1988 (Source: http://gaf.zeelandnet.nl/yp408/), in particulair the mortar version and recon version:
-The YP408 PW-MT(MR) (068) was a mortar carrier, it had a towing bracket at the back to which the 120mm Brandt-Rye was attached. it carried 50 rounds in it's cargo.
-The YP408-PWCO (254) in WinSPMT is serving as a FO vehicle, in my opinion the YP408 PW-RDR (radar) should be having this role (which isn't in WinSPMBT yet), since the YP408 PW-CO was used by the commander of a company!

Also I'm missing the Landrover as a utility vehicle in the Royal Netherlands Army, but I don't have any exact information about this one. Maby someone else has?

Cheers,
Yorick