View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2006, 02:41 AM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hi..a couple of questions from a tightwad?

Yes, Alpha Centarui and the sequil is one of the best games ever made. I really hope we see more in this line. If Johan and Kristoffer MUST take a break from the Dom series, I hope they will give strong thought to doing an Alpha Centauri-like game. I've got quite a bit of material they'd be welcome to use, concerning a planet, the surface of which is covered in energy "curtains" which allow stable access to and from all kinds of other planets, other realities, other dimensions, etc. and I think it would make a great environment for a sci-fi-esque planet based game. The primary cultures on the planet-their are two, one which was a very extensive hive-society of semi-sentient, full sentient, and non-sentient insectoids, and the other an offshoot which lives underground and is much longer lived and more individual, are facing the apocalypse of the surface civilization because the planet's magnetic field has gone out of whack and there are all these curtains separating points on the map which used to be only a step away, by sometimes hundreds or thousands of miles. In the meantime, to make matters worse, their are things and people coming out of the curtains.