Thread: OT: Champions
View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2009, 09:48 AM

Corporal

happygeek is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Champions

Hey thank you for that quick answer. I just did a quick search of "champions" on these forums and only find my own post plus one MP game. Can you link me?

Sadly, after spending 30 minutes on the shopping page to which you link, I am still somewhat confused. I remember purchasing a "rulebook" for Champions 25 years ago; on that page to which you link, I can see a couple hundred possibilities, and perhaps four or five for what appears to be some sort of Champions core ruleset. When I click on the "view details" of that product, I am told that I will require the HERO 5th edition rulebook in addition; there are lots of options for that as well. What surprises me is that what appears to be the most affordable versions of both of those books together would cost $60 as a download. It is very hard to tell from the description (I find the website itself to be confusing), but it seems that this is really just a pdf of the textbook, no software, no game. Is that right? Have the prices skyrocketed because he sold his idea as an MMO, or was this always so expensive? I'm thinking twice, but maybe I am still confused, the HERO website is, oddly enough, not for the uninitiated.