Thread: Repair Problems loading a game
View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2012, 09:01 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Problems loading a game

Thank you Edi. Yes it was meant for emphasis. Especially since many tend to not consider "heavily programmed" to be able to refer to maps. I was hoping for a quick response from the OP (original poster) but since he hasnt I will continue to the next part.

Olm, you can email the .trn file for the game to info on the illwinter site for the developers to look at.

However... if an unusual map is involved then you might need to include that. And if mods are involved then you might also want to include those. I would tend to look at a mod first as the problem and if it is a mod then the developers might not get to it very quickly.

Also... if you know how to modify the command line for the game then adding -dd to it will generate a text debug file. The very end of that might have information on why it crashed

Others can better explain how to do any of that if you feel you want to go that far.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)

Last edited by Gandalf Parker; October 5th, 2012 at 09:09 AM..