View Single Post
Old November 4th, 2012, 10:03 PM

Sergeant

BewareTheBarnacleGoose is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Elemental: Fallen Enchantress

I haven't played the first Elemental, but most people on the Fallen Enchantress forum seem to feel that it's significantly better.

Im sure that some balance issues could be fixed by patching. But I think it needs a lot more than that to be good. As Don Corazon said, the core gameplay isn't very engaging- most of the game involves slowly moving around your heroes, killing monsters to level them up, and building up your infrastructure at a glacial pace. Even though city-building got way better in the last patch, it's still bland, and there's no real incentive not to city-spam, so the initially inhospitable land because an urban jungle by midgame, which really take away from the atmosphere.

Also, Im kind of bitter because after so many promises to the contrary, I feel like the game was released too early. I understand that they have to make back their investment, but most people on the forums were still telling the devs that things weren't quite right.

Once again, I think you might be able to get a decent money: enjoyment ratio if you picked it up on sale, but not at the full price. Especially not as a player coming from the rich world of Dominions.