Thread: Abrams
View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2019, 01:08 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Abrams

Oragus,
I haven't seen it yet, is it something I missed in the forum somewhere? If so direct me to it or post if you will concerning your last. It wouldn't surprise me though, going through the ABRAMS issues I would find the USA didn't announce FOC for the M1A2 SEP 2 until every unit that was designated to receive that MBT got them.

That I know was posted in those pages on my last to include an Army Ref. discussing the ongoing OPEVAL status concerning the SEP 3. The Ref. was dated for last Dec. or Jan. I believe. I submitted a date change based on that and other articles for later this year I believe, I cannot say if Don changed it or not only because as he knows there's things happening at my end that has GREATLY limited my free time and my ability to check what got in or changed as I submitted, something I in the past would've had done about a month ago or more.

The USA ABRAMS program has really been a nonstop evolution of this tank. There have been problems with as with any other weapons platform, but, what I've seen to this point and after having followed both that and this next program, I feel the USA (And it kills me to say this. ) has done a better job of overseeing the ABRAMS Program then what I'm seeing concerning the F-35. There are parallels between the two, the biggest being equip a unit and get them out there if you will from [b]USN jargon, "To project power and show the flag." and that's what we did and do now. Case in point the USMC using their F-35B jets in limited combat along side the USAF F-35A.

But my issue is as far as I can determine no one has died in the field using the ABRAMS prior to FOC. The F-35 has had several incidents from it's development and close calls in loss of life and serious injuries. And no one needs to point out what I posted on already, Japan did lose both a an F-35A and more importantly a pilot who had the courage to call off an exercise when he initially realized his jet was having problems potentially saving lives. We'll never know. It was found that his F-35A was built here. And I don't think they ever recovered his body.

The USAF and NAVAIR (USN/USMC) have still NOT DECLARED FOC for any F-35 variant. They are still in effect in OPEVAL/IOC status. The NAVAIR website has plenty of air assets in FOC but, you won't see it for the F-35B or F-35C.
http://www.navair.navy.mil/ProductCo...d=fixed%20wing

And so it goes. As Suhiir knows, us Submariners are very anal about the
the ones we lost that are on "Eternal Patrol", USS THRESHER would be a game changer for us and later for NASA as well. The next explains it better then I can right now.
https://navylive.dodlive.mil/2013/04...-uss-thresher/

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..