View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2020, 01:52 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WinSPMBT version 10.0 - 14.0 Consolidation patch ( 2020 )

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
From the very beginning we have included MOBHack with the game to allow players to make any adjustment they think are needed.
This is what I did.

The original USMC OOB was very accurate, good job whoever did it in the first place.

The problem is that it was the administrative organization not the deployment one. I.E. a USMC Rifle Company has a Machinegun Platoon (currently 6 MGs, use to be 8) but you NEVER see them deployed as a platoon, except in garrison for training. The MG Platoon is split among the Rifle Platoons (typically 2 MGs each).

While you could use the editor to create "proper" deployment formations you couldn't just purchase the "correct" formations. So I used the editor to create an alternate OOB with the "correct" formations and posted it here in the forums. After a couple years of incorporating each years update and posting a new alternate OOB Don got tired of my complaining ( ) and let me revise the official OOB.

My point is.

Andy gave us an EXCELLENT OOB editor, as Don said, "If you have an issue with the official OOB, change it."

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post: