Old April 6th, 2010, 09:19 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Phantasmal Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombre View Post
As the normal weapon but they get to make an mr check to negate it, iirc.
I thought it bypassed defense and only had to make a check against MR. If it passed the MR check, then it had to deal with protection. Is that not how it works? You're saying it has to get by a MR check before being treated like a non-phantasmal weapon? If so, yeesh...no wonder I couldn't hit them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombre View Post
Oh and knights of avalon have alicorn horn attacks, which are magical. Plus they have a lot of attacks anyway, so they'll break through ethereal regardless in 2 rounds or so.
It was against Knights, not Knights of Avalon. What's the percentage chance that a non-magical weapon will overcome a unit's ethereal-ness?
This is most definitely not how it works. Phantasmal weapons IIRC all do 1 AN+1 damage, or something to that effect, and have to beat an MR roll to do damage. They rely on the RNG in order to kill things. To be sure, click on the unit's phantasmal weapon, it will tell you right there....
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
The Following User Says Thank You to rdonj For This Useful Post: