View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2020, 12:04 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: AAR: The Walking Dead

Suhiir
I have no problem with the length of the scenario. And you're correct and does make you think about your options, the first was do I rearm my M-48 tank? I chose to keep it the fight for a couple of more turns and would lose it. However that tank rendered those 2 platoons that got in the wire, as posted, routed and left with 1/2 survivors each using only it's secondary weapon as it was out MG HE. Of course it "hurt" quite a few other units as well.

Second was to use my inbound Sea Knights as "gunships" as they came across especially mortar positions and were taking them out. The only issue there being, I would eventually see half my reinforcements retreat back off the map as the helos had enough of small arms and AA fired at them. Again worth the price for what it gained me.

It was good fun and made you think. Just to get to the end was victory enough. I did save the final score but, you'll just have to wait until I get there.

Now it's lunch, shower and work! Have a great day!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..