View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2019, 03:18 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: winSPMBT V13 ( 2019 ) Upgrade

As do I but to give this in metaphor we are at the end of a long hard road this year and now we have a 15 foot wide chasm to cross and we are both hobbling from the stress of the journey........maybe too dramatic but it's been a hard day and there is no resolution in sight ATM.

The "good" news is it has no effect on a human bought game so PBEM are not in any way affected and if you play solo games but get other players to purchase the P2's units and allow him to deploy for you it will not affect you and if you play even a small 1000 point game against the AI using peer nations and the AI buys for P2 you won't see much out of the ordinary but if you fight USMC vs ISIL in modern day they end up about equal but should not be but lets say you turn country training off and give the USMC 80 and ISIL 40....... you're going to be really surprised when the 95-120 experienced Jihadis cranked on steroids and Methamphetamine swamp your positions.I have seen Russians from June 1941 get 140 experience points when they were set to give 30 turning them into something that would give you more " game" than you probably want.

So yeah ...... we have a problem and it might be simple to fix or not but it is confined to the computer purchasing routine but not in any way I can find to human purchases. I assume this extends to generated computer campaign games as well but there is no way to check.

The reason it took this long to spot.....because I am sure some of you are thinking that..... was that the code was added to deal with the extream conditions that can crop up when the human player had a high unit and point force and the AI is tasked to assault it......and in cases like that it does what it was intended to do..... buy better units and if that isn't enough adjust troop experience upwards..... it was not tested on little games because we thought those were too low in points and units for this change to have any effect...... HA! we were wrong

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....