Thread: AAR Hammer and Anvil
View Single Post
Old July 25th, 2018, 03:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hammer and Anvil

Turns 6-10

The Romanians continue to press on. To the north at (3), the main body comes under fire from BMDs at (1) and (2). 4 BTRs are destroyed, but all enemy BMDs are knocked out by the supporting tanks. The infantry reaches the northeastern outskirts of Roman.
To the centre, the reconnaissance probe pushes slowly at (4). Any enemy BMD or tank destroyer that reveals itself is blasted to bits by the support at (5). Enemy aircraft are sighted and strike the TD company at (6). Two light vehicles are destroyed, but my 35mm AA guns prove to be very capable and they shoot down two Su-25s.
To the south, my force suffers heavy casualties from ATGMs and enemy aircraft firing stand-off missiles. I lose seven tanks and five BTRs, but I clear the area (7) and (8) from enemy vehicles thanks to tank and artillery fire. The road towards the bridge seems clear and my surviving mechanized infantry dashes forward to secure their objective fast.
So far a company’s worth of BMDs are destroyed, as well as two tank destroyers and two aircraft. My losses are around 10 tanks and an equivalent number of BTRs, as well as a few other light vehicles. Personnel losses are low. Casualty wise, things are even (or even slightly towards the Ukrainian favor), but I’ve reached the town of Roman and I’m about to capture the Siret bridge, so I’m actually optimistic.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aeraaa For This Useful Post: