View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2009, 08:58 AM

General

lch is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Curious about Dominions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf Parker View Post
The -d is debug dump which creates the game log. People who have been curious about what the AI does (including your own commanders) can take a look at this. No we do NOT know what its telling us but some things you can figure out. The log is ONE turn and its huge. Much more info is available if I run it -dd or -ddddd but for these tests I dont need that. Feel free to do that to your computer if you want to.
The game uses only three debug log levels: 0, 1 and 2. It makes no difference if you use -dd or -ddd or -dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd. The only difference is in using -d or -dd or no debug switch at all.

Quote:
Ive crashed my machines trying to get complete logs for a whole game.
That shouldn't happen. I create full debug logs for all the games that I am hosting and keep them, and none have ever crashed because of debug logs. The logging itself shouldn't hamper hosting in any way, just slowing it down a little.

Quote:
Im messing around with gathering all the score data into one file and generating a scoreboard from it like is inside the game. Maybe an animated one (gif frames?). Not that Johan needs it but I thought it would be interesting for the rest of us.
Look at my sig, I already came up with something that creates charts for the current turn and later to generate graphs for the whole progression of the game, too (see the second page of the thread for the link to the whole-game graphs). Examples can be viewed from my directory on your server, too, so you should have access to all the files that are needed.

Quote:
What I have so far is useful. It can last the game and can check out much of whats going on. But I would like to figure out how to get an "Eyes of God" that doesnt take a global slot.
As I wrote in a reply in that thread, the best you can achieve without dissecting the turn files that are being generated to get the same as the Eyes of God is something that has Scrying on the whole map. There is no arcane hidden way in the game to make it easier than that.

Some months ago, I've started something that should display the province ownership on a map. I've gotten to the point where people need a GUI to divide the map into polygons, because the borders that you get just by computational geometry aren't always that consistent with those borders that have been drawn on the map. One of the test images that I generated last is at http://dom3.servegame.com/test.svg -- you need a SVG-capable browser or browser plugin to open this, like Mozilla or Opera should be. I got sidetracked and put my time into other projects lately, but if there is honest interest in something like this, which should enable after-game replays like Civilization has them, too, I could pick it up again later or somebody could continue with what I have got so far.
Emergency comic relief