View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2011, 12:19 AM

Sergeant

samoht is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Changing Dominions 3 defaults

Bumping this in the hope that I can get some advice. I play Dom3 mostly on my laptop, 1024x768 resolution, fullscreen. What I look at is a nice, square picture, properly proportioned, with thick black borders on either side. It is great.

My desktop computer's monitor has a native resolution of 1600x900. I tried doing the command line "-r 1600 900" to force the resolution to 1600x900 because it isn't an option that is available for me to pick in the game. What I basically get is a stretched out mess. Everything looks distorted. So I tried changing the resolution to 1024x768, hoping the game would look the same as it does on my laptop. No luck. It looks even worse, more stretched out and distorted. I turn off fullscreen,and it gives me Dom3 in a window. Everything in the window looks fine, but it is still a window and I can still see my desktop and all of my folders, etc.

Is there any way I can get 1600x900 to look good? Or maybe to get the thick black borders that I have on my laptop to appear on my desktop?

The reason this is suddenly important to me is because I'm attending a LAN party pretty soon and I'm trying to introduce some friends to Dom3. I'd prefer to remove some of the temptation of trolling my desktop, or going through my stuff, by leaving it out of the picture, but I'd also like for the picture to look good. Ya know?

Also: if it matters, laptop has Windows 7, desktop has Windows Vista