View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2022, 12:33 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,461 Times in 2,706 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Helo News game related.

There had been some tweaks last time and I HAVE seen >5% "to hit" and I HAVE seen gunship helos taken down by manpads but this is on our "to investigate further" list. Just had a conversation with Andy about that when we start work probably January. We are thinking ( but have NOT yet fully investigated ) that like the glorious AT defensive systems allegedly common on all those Russian tanks now scrap metal that perhaps the EW ratings for the helos are a bit "generous".....BUT it may be that the "issue" is with the SAM/ manpads. That's what we need to investigate.

Remember the game is built on a lot of guesswork as "real life" data like we are getting now is rare. There has not been wide-open European combined arms combat on this scale since 1945 so there is a bit of a tsunami of data coming in

This type of thing harkens back to the game's very roots. I remember referring to the German HT's in the original SP as the "Murder Machines"

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; November 12th, 2022 at 12:50 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: