View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2006, 01:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

Hiro_Antagonist is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I have a Question :D - Please read -

Well, there shouldn't be any individualed overpowered unit, or I did my job poorly. =)

That said, certain units do tend to be cost-effective when used against specific other units.

In general, healing is more cost-effective than attacking, but only in small doses.

Weenie units are generally best fought with medium-sized units, and medium-sized units are best fought with big units. But bit units can generally be cost-effetively taken down by small units. Some exceptions to this rule do apply.

In terms of Humans vs Elves, the elves generally have to be a bit more crafty to survive, but they're not actually underpowered. Some specific tips:

-Druids are good at immobilizing Paladins, which in turn will prevent Paladins from receiving their Lance bonus. If the Human player is building lots of Paladins, then build Druids and entangle them.

-Use Archers, and use the terrain to your advantage. Try to shoot Human units from deep in forests or mountains where your archers are hard to reach.

-If the Humans are approaching one if your cities, produce a Sentinal at the city. They're great on defense, especially against melee attackers. And they are definitely your strongest and most cost-efficient defenders. Force your opponents to beat on your Sentinels while you beat on them!

-Kill Angels ASAP, especially if they're within range of any of your expensive units.

-A horde of Runners can be surprisingly effective against Humans. Each Runner will generally be killed in one hit, but they are extremely cheap, and can concentrate fire on expensive enemy units. If your opponent is building tons of Angels, then Runners are the perfect counter.

-Try to use Runners to keep enemy cities threatened. (i.e. try to keep at least 1 Runner within movement range of all enemy cities). And occupy enemy cities if your opponent leaves them empty. This will force the Humans to build units to guard their cities. Or if they don't, they'll lose the city or they'll have to spend even more forces clearing your unit off. When used this way, the Runner is a very cost-effective threat which will help turn the tide in other areas of the map to your favor.

-Monks are slow, and Paladins can't cross Mountain squares. But most Elf units can move quickly across rough terrain. Use this to your advantage!

I hope that helps. =)