View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2023, 10:40 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

The "Mission Statement" generally takes more time especially with the topic below and as such is done now and posted below. Most know I'm a "deep digger" one it's ingrained to my DNA even prior to my military career further I owe it to Don and more importantly you the player.

I check on game reviews and the consistent remarks made about BOTH games are the level of research and updates made to these games.

We've accrued other accolades; however, none is more important than those mentioned above as they're the only ones that I can make my contribution to the game and players.

Be patient, the below is "proof of life" and hopefully the rest will come along soon. But for tonight this is it.

Patch Post #1 for the 2022/2023 Campaign Page 1.
Well, it’s been a while in fact the 2019/2020 Patch Submission was my last in this thread or at least in my Word files.

So, with that be said there are “HOUSE RULES” in play here if unfamiliar please refer to POST #1 of this Thread. This in short is where Don and I hash things out and unlike “standard” post this is a living document and Thread for us to work through any issues to what I’ve posted. Look in all you want just don’t post anything in here please – thank you.

My primary mission here is to address the Russian donation of armored units primarily to the Ukraine since the war started on 24 February 2022 to the present.

Methodology is discussed somewhat in the MBT Thread in Posts #1416 and #1425 after which I had a significant life event happen that delayed me until now.

To avoid the player from buying an “unlimited” single tanks and to keep to the reality of what’s going on the battlefield you will not for instance see the T-90M on my list as of this date only 5 totaled were either damaged/destroyed (3) with (2) captured in almost factory new condition which I’ve discussed several times in the MBT thread. So, what did I do?

FIRST As noted above with the T-90M, you won’t see Russian BMP-1/2 OR 3, T-72A etc.. However, you will see the Russian T-62M/MV as the Ukrainians don’t have any stockpiled but fielded a Battalion of them in late November. Also, the Russians used a different ATGW on theirs as well.

SECOND I spent HOURS reviewing videos and photographs.

THIRD I set a standard for how many units would make the work and game worth having. I feel after MUCH thought the following was both practical and realistic to the war situation factoring numbers, condition of the units, estimated repair times and training which in most cases would’ve been minimal. That standard was based on the ability to field a minimum of 2 Platoons plus 1 as a “reserve” or if you will “2+1” .

Fourth I further spent time with both OOB’s the purpose was to “whittle down” the number of candidates for this submission. If the captured tank was at parity with a current Ukrainian unit, I scratched it from the list.

Result: I’m looking at 10 Russian tanks and 2 APCs and a date CHANGE for 1 Ukrainian APC. With a SMALL number of administrative changes for Unit names and dates.

START dates will both be based on 2+1 as noted above and the dates of picture/video range from the CAPTURED tank section ONLY. Also, I offer Ukrainian Units as near peer ones to the Russian one submitted. Those Ukrainian units are already on paper, and the Russian tanks will generally be better overall.

I would find those dates “fell in” very closely in most cases to the actual operational dates in numbers and also, WELL within Dons and my “SWAG” when info isn’t always definitive.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; January 2nd, 2023 at 12:36 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: