View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2015, 05:23 PM

Private

Waltorious is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Feature requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by plugger View Post
Hi,
Perhaps, once an event has triggered, and once the honeymoon period is over, any officer in the Away Team has a strong chance (75%) of gaining an extra experience point per turn (or something similar as I'm not sure how the XP algo works - perhaps the % chance of XP gain could be proportional to the severity of the coming event).

It kind of makes sense that you learn the most in times of crisis and a looming event would require strong leadership skills.

Now you'd have an incentive to stick around for a while - rapid experience gain. Off course you are still planetside and things might go pear shaped but it'd make for a some tense exploration.

If the event occurred you'd could also benefit from increased scientific knowledge and XP, depending on the event and subject to the Away Team making it back alive.
More XP and more data during events could work. But I think it would be interesting if different events had different benefits. So let's say the earthquake event means more resources spawn, since the ground is breaking up. Or the events that spawn a powerful creature (or swarm of creatures) also mean that those creatures are carrying some cool treasure, so it might be worth the risk to try and fight them.

Alternatively, there could be some events that are only bad but other events that are only good, to balance things out. These could even be corollaries to the ideas already mentioned in this thread: suits use less oxygen (1 point per 2 moves), fewer monsters spawn, etc.

Also I came up with one idea for an event: Acid Rain. This increases the planet's ambient damage level (which means if you have a really awesome spacesuit you can still resist it) but also makes the wildlife go hide, so there are fewer creatures to fight. And maybe the away team could take shelter in a cave, but there are more creatures in the cave because they are hiding from the rain?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waltorious For This Useful Post: