Thread: Halftracks
View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2018, 08:50 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,463 Times in 2,707 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Halftracks

It would be impossible to have scenario designers responsible for updating their scenarios and new players try the game every month and maybe playing early scenarios for the first time and they need to be playable. If I wasn't constantly refreshing them most would be junk by now and the VAST majority of these nitpicky little "errors" make bugger all difference to actual gameplay for the vast majority of players so if you don't like what's offered you have the choice of finding a new game or building OOB's that make YOU happy and post them to the MOD's forum. I will no longer be paying the least bit of attention to any of these massive lists of minutia corrections that some players feel compelled to publish.

If you are unhappy with the OOB database and it seems clear that you are then you need to build your own.

As for game scale change that will NEVER....EVER HAPPEN. So I guess you need to find a new game to play as it's obvious these ones are not what you need to make you happy

As for the USA's 60mm Mor H/T unit 66 as I recall from nearly 20 years ago that was built as a compromise. In RL would have been a normal HT carrying vehicle for a 60mm mortar but it was built as an SP to fit the 10 unit formation limit of the game in the Armd Inf Pl's it's used and everyone but you has accepted that without complaint for 2 decades. It's a GAME it's not reality and sometimes compromises are made becasue they work " good enough " and in this case that compromise works " good enough "

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; October 24th, 2018 at 12:42 PM..