View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2022, 07:44 PM

Private

Larry2017 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: One more suggestion

>> Naturally, since it is now your turn when you have control of your toys then you are perfectly free to rally them - because its your turn.!

Totally agree. It's a new turn and Auto-Rally was a long time ago. But before I start moving and shooting I want my troops to be in the best shape possible and mostly that means rallying them. I didn't say it should be free. My button would simply automate the process of cycling thru all the units and pressing the R key (perhaps several times). It's the same game mechanics.

With 50 or 100 or more units on the board, having to do that manually is just painful.

>> "Taking Cover" is an action which costs you MP and might make your unit unspotted. It is not a status.

I don't care if it's a "status" (some sort of program flag). That's for you guys. I just want to play the game.

And you really didn't get to my issue. If a unit has "taken cover", is it going to be harder for enemy units to see it in the upcoming opponents turn? Will it make a difference? If it doesn't, then my Cover button is useless. But if it does make a difference, if the unit really is going to be harder to spot, then at the end of my turn I'd like to make quick work of having all 50 or 100 or more units that can, take cover. But it's not free, it's using the game mechanics. Again, it's simply the process of automating cycling thru the units and pressing the C key. Current game mechanics determine whether the operation is a success.

With 50 or 100 or more units on the board, having to do that manually is just painful.