View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2002, 11:10 AM

Corporal

Bamse is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Some rules questions:

Hi!

Some more questions coming up:

1. 'Multiple attacking units'. The rules say : Only units in the same hex may fire simul -- and only at the same target. Additional units add 1/2 Fp...

What does this mean? If a leader activates several hexes, may the various hexes all fire together at a single target hex?

Which units are the 'additional units' which must halve their firepower. Are they in the 'same hex' or is it units from adjacent hexes being activated at the same time?

2. Smoke. Can a unit lay smoke in its own hex instead of in an adjacent one?

3. If a unit moves into a hex where there are stationary unspotted friendly units, do they also become spotted? (it would seem so, since the status of being spotted seems to apply to a hex as a whole)

4. I'd like to split a squad into 2 half squads in the rally phase. May I?

5. When leaders modify damage checks on the IFT, do they influence the die roll, or the morale of the checking unit? This is important since the morale is multiplied to compare with the die role.

6. If a sniper gets a 'hit' does every unit in the target hex have to roll for damage in succession? I.e. in game-reality is the sniper targetting the whole hex with a series of shots? If so, what if the sniper opportunity fires on a unit who has just moved into a hex with stationary units. His hit roll is postively modified by the moving units having been moving, but the other units in the hex have been stationary. This seems strange.

7. Is the new standard that if a sniper rolls a 1 its an automatic hit, and a 6 its an automatic miss always? Only against enemy snipers? Not at all?

8. If units are locked in melee since the preceding turn, must melee combat occur in this turn? If so, who initiates it, the person who entered the hex to start with? Either, once they decide to activate that hex? Does that mean that melee combat can happen twice per game turn in the same hex, as each of the players in turn activates those guys?