View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2008, 12:05 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

narf poit chez BOOM is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: D&D 4e or: Wanna slaughter some minions?

It seems it may end up being an Evil party...

House rules so far:
PCs have to be run past the other players as well as the GM; this is because the PCs have to be at least minimally capable of working together.
On a PC veto vote, tie goes to 'no'.

Chaotic Good and Lawful Evil are back in. This may affect some deity alignments...

Gods, primordials, nature of, war between - Don't make assumptions.

As per recent Dragon article, demigod Maldeen is now in...

Divine characters with an alignment different than their deity must be able to make a convincing argument about why said deity would take them on. This will be much, much easier for a Good character who wants to be a cleric of Bahamut than a CE character who wants the same.

Fallen (Or risen) Divine characters loose their divine powers until they can find and convince a new patron.
Evil characters with divine powers that would do Radiant damage by the rulebook instead do Necrotic damage.

All characters can worship anyone they wish; just be aware that if you start making offerings to, say, Bahamut and Orcus, the best you can expect is to get ignored. They have opinions of you, too...

Elves get another +1 to their speed and +1 to Will defense to make them a viable choice. This does not apply to Eladrin; the bonuses are to make Elves comparable in utility to Eladrin (In my mind).
If this proves to be too much, I will reduce it, possibly back to base.

Since I know of no rules that cover minion criticals and criticals versus minions, minions that critical double their flat-rate damage. If you critical when attacking a minion, you get an extra basic attack, since the minion is dead no matter how little damage you do.
Sig updated to remove non-working links.