View Single Post
Old April 24th, 2021, 01:37 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: M4 Carbine Range question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karagin View Post

Right now it the game many of the rifles out range the M16s and M4s that are the weapons of the two US forces, even for a simulation/game that is not even on par with fairness for game mechanics. After looking through the OOBs of Russia and China even their oldest weapons of a similar class are longer-ranged than the US ones.

What? no examples to compare? I'm not surprised but we do get the " the USA is disadvantaged!!" at least once a decade so I guess we were due for another eruption of it

The standard Russian AK-74 using the 5.45×39mm cartridge and iron sights has an in-game range of 8 which translates to 400m.

A current Chinese rifle squad in the game carries a QBZ-95 Rifle which also has range 8

Box stock , iron sight "M16 Rifle" in the USA / USMC OOB is also 8 so the Russian isn't longer ranged. The Canadian 5.56mm C7 Rifle is which is an M16 dirivative is also 8 . French FAMAS Rifle...8

The Brit SA80 Rifle is 9 but it has optics. The M16A4/M4 ACOG is 9..again optics. The Canadian 5.56 C7A1 Rifle is 9.....optics again. The Russian AK-12 is 9..... again optics all on firearms using an intermediate cartridge. French FAMAS Inf...9.again optics

Now lets look at the Full power .30 cal firearms

Russian M1930-- range 10
US M14 - range 10.... M1 Garand -10
Brit/ Canadian and a host of others FN-- 10
Frech MAS 36 Rifle -10

The German G3 using 7.62×51mm NATO has a range of 10 and the G36 using 5.56×45mm NATO with optics has 9...again the same as the other full powered and intermediate powered cartridges.

The consistency is 100% and I did not discard examples that didn't prove my point. Each example was chosen at ranndom and recorded so the US/USMC infantry are not disadvantaged compared to Russian or Chinese troops using comparable weapons UNLESS you think US/USMC should be given special advantages over every other nation

Is that was this is all about?

and when you are done mulling that over you can expand and explain the "not even on par with fairness for game mechanics" remark.. as there are NO differences in game mechanics aside from Experience and morale ratings and in that the US/USMC tends to near the top of the heap

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; April 24th, 2021 at 02:08 PM..