View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2010, 04:18 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Legendary Ordeals - Recruiting

Also, I'd like to specify a bit what the "boon" system entails. I'm currently in the process of creating charts which will state how many gems/items or gold I will give in each boon. Since I'm a tabletop RPG veteran, many different kind dice will be rolled to determine the final amount and type.

The more specific the reguest for a boon is, the less gems/items/gold will be given or more boon will be penalized. For example;

"I'd like magical items as a boon to defeat my foes!"

- Will get a bunch of randomized items. Something like 2 trinkets, 2 (con2) items and 1 (con4) item + a chance for a con6 item.

"I'd like items that give fire resistance to defeat Abysia!"

- Will get some FR items, but less items than the above example

"I want Rings of Fire!"

- Will get his Rings, but it will cost more boon because of his insolence. How dare he demand something from Pantokrator!

I'll also document each boon I give and release the charts & information at the end of the game.

I'm also going to make a plan of what each ordeal entails before the game starts. This is for fairness's sake, so that the events in the game won't affect the ordeals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyg View Post
If all the players agreed to it, it might be interesting to post one of the Pantokrator's .trns (several to many turns old) every so often. This might be interesting to non-players as well.
It's possible. Anyways, I'll be sure to document my .trn files. I also might give a player acceess to one of my older .trn files as a boon (heavy intel).

Quote:
Originally Posted by militarist View Post
I want Ashdod.
It will be my 3d MP, 2 others are just started as well, so it will not be hard to balance
You might want to read the first post again. There is a "magic word" you need to write in your sign-up post. I know it's sort of stupid, but some while ago we had a problem with players signing up for games before reading the rules, hence the password system.

If you need to ask something about modding, you can contact me here.

See this thread for the latest info concerning my mods.